A splendid example of a villa with an Italian garden, Caprile was built starting from 1640 by the Marquis from Bergamo Giovanni Mosca, descendant of a noble Lombard family who moved to the Marche region in 1550, following the achievement of the investiture of the Gradara castle. In Caprile, the nobleman wanted to build his summer residence in which to spend holidays and hold receptions, assigning it a leisure destination from the beginning. This thesis is confirmed by a description found in the travel diary of Monsignor Lancisi, sent by Pope Clement XI Albani to the duchy of Urbino. After outlining the structure and decorations of the villa, the monsignor focuses in particular on the water features of the gardens, in which. The most important renovation was carried out in 1763, by the descendant Carlo Mosca, who is responsible for the architectural layout that has come down to the present day.Destined as already mentioned for reception and holiday purposes, Villa Caprile hosted very important people, including Casanova, Stendhal, Rossini and Leopardi can be remembered. The Marquis Francesco Mosca, engaged in the popularization of the Jacobin faith, also hosted Napoleon Bonaparte in 1797. It was still he who, after having raised "the tree of freedom", transformed the villa from an elitist and aristocratic site to a place of public enjoyment. After a short time, however, the residence returned to welcome illustrious personalities, thanks also to the social life led by Carolina of Brunswick, princess of Wales, who rented Caprile in the summers of 1817 and 1818. Only in 1876, with the resurgence of the Academies, Caprile came purchased by the Agricultural Academy in order to create the Agricultural Colony, with the agreement not to upset the existing architectural structure. www.parcosanbartolo.it/Itinerari/Villa Caprile